Belvedere Billiards | 33 Images
Belvedere Billiards, located in Baltimore at Belvedere Avenue and Reisterstown Road, was opened in 1949 by Ben Kitt and was called "Benny's" by all who went there. Men and boys from Northwest Baltimore went to Benny's to shoot pool, play cards, work the pinball machines, or just hang out. It became a community center where boys would go after school. Mothers would take phone with grocery lists or just to call their sons home for dinner. This was definitely a proving ground for boys to become men.